We may not have it all together...But together we have it all.

THE HILLS' ADVENTURES

Sunday, February 14, 2010

There is no place like home...except Grandma's house

In prep for leaving for Alabama for two years Mike and I put our house up for Sale or Lease-option. It went something like this...
"Do you think we should put are house up so we can hit the Spring rush?"

"We better."
So the next day, I started organizing closets. Mike put it up on Craig's list on a Tuesday morning around 9:30am.
10am Mike got a phone call from a lady who wanted to see the house.
"Cass, someone is coming at noon."
Being the wife of a builder and living in his model homes I've learned how to work MIRACLES when it comes to cleaning up from our families self made hurricanes in record time.
(Doesn't mean I like it.)
That day we showed our home 7 times!!!
We showed it about 5 more times through the rest of the week and weekend.
Monday morning we signed a contract with a nice family for 2 years.
The contract was going to start the 1st of March...But the next week they wanted to move in in a week.
Mike said, "SURE."
That went something like this...RING,
"Hey Cass, they want to move in next Friday."
"Mike it's Thursday."
"I know."
"OK."
Hang up, roll eyes, get to work.

(Side note: Mike has a really sweet sister, Melanie. I call her my guardian angel. She brought me boxes, and bubble wrap. She spent a day with me helping me pack. She took my kids for a sleep over. She brought us pizza. She saved my life...again:)

We are not leaving for Alabama until May, at the moment. We thought it would take several months to get our house squared away. Mike has really great parents who live 2 minutes away from us with an empty basement and offered it to us.
Last week we moved in with them. I'm so grateful because I could pack everything, and keep it boxed till it goes into the U-haul heading for Fort Rucker. The kids can stay in the same school and we are in the same ward. So the adjustment of another move was minimal.
Mike's parents are so generous and we are so indebted and grateful to them.
And they have the BEST yard!









5 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow Cass! What a trooper you are! Glad you are all moved in :)

The de la Houssaye's said...

You are such a great wife! I need to take more lessons from you. I love Katie's hair! So adorable and the family christmas picture, So beautiful love it!

emlouisa said...

Okay, first, I would kill Mike. You're a fab wife. lol.

Second, yay for unloading your house! How exciting!

Third, we will miss you SO MUCH when you go! I was so excited when you moved back into the ward! Boo!

And Fourth, be careful about the rope swing in your inlaws yard! My kid almost lost an eye at a ward party once! LOL!!!!

emlouisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

Emily, you crack me up!