We may not have it all together...But together we have it all.

THE HILLS' ADVENTURES

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Jake!

I can't believe 9 years has past. His childhood is half over!

(unless, of course, he's like his dad and it never ends:) I actually hope that that is the case.

We celebrated with friends and family in Grandma and Grandpa Hill's backyard. The kids had a blast and played hard. We roasted hot dogs and s'mores over the fire.


Jake's birthday fell on Memorial Day this year. How fitting that he wanted a birthday cake with his name in Morse Code. Easy cake.
For those of you who aren't familiar with Morse Code that says, "Happy B-day Jake."
Morse Code is found, among other places, in, 'The Dangerous Book For Boys."
If you have a boy(s), I highly recommend that book.


(Jake holding Natalie's hand)

For Memorial Day we spent a little time at Gowen Field.

Dallas spend a lot of time on each aircraft. This is a Blackhawk and the questions just kept coming.


And here is the dream. THE APACHE.
I have to tell you about that rose Katie is holding...
The other day Katie and I were grocery shopping. She saw some flowers. She has been with Mike when he has picked out flowers for me and brought them home. She said,"Mom, my husband is going to bring me flowers."
Some ladies overhead her and giggled. Then she thought and said,"Mom, I want a husband."
At the end of the day I realized she was a true girl and what she said was not what she meant. What she meant to say was, "Mom, I want flowers."
I told the story to Mike. He picked that flower from our rose bush and gave it to Katie. She carried it around all day until Dallas said,"Katie, your flower is dead!"
Katie was heartbroken. We put it in Natalie's sippy cup of water, all that we had at the time, to see if it would help, but no luck.
When we got home she said,"Dad, could you give me another flower sometime?"
What she meant was..."right now."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Jake!! That is so sweet about Katie. Her husband better get her flowers! :)

Heather and Don said...

Happy Birthday Jake! What an ingenous cake, Cassie! You are the best mom! Looks like a fun party!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

LOVE the cake, too funny! And that is such a cute story about the flower and Katie.