We had a four day weekend so we decided to get out of Dodge and visit Grandma Condie.
Highlights of the trip... 6 hours in the car...Bloody nose (Katie)... spilled chocolate milk (Katie)... spilled Sprite (Katie)...VOMIT!?! (Jake and Dallas, the whole trip down)... Crazy Grandma driving 90 miles an hour (not kidding, we traveled 420 miles in 5 1/2 hours, stopped once for gas, and Grandma and I are the only ones who needed a potty break.?. We got a call that my dad went to the ER with a stomach ache so Grandma was ANXIOUS (understatement) to get home. Grandpa Condie is fine. It's his gallbladder or liver or stones actually all the above.)
Once we got there we had a lot of fun. The kids had a fun time with cousins. The boys and I did some tubing. And my mom made breakfast every morning for my kids while I slept in. AHHH! I love my mom.
Grandma was going to drive back up with us and fly home again, but we left her home with the flu instead.

Natalie thinks it's funny to imitate her mom. It was a big hit as you can see.
"Alright, kids we have a 6 hour drive, I expect everyone to cooperate."

"Oh, my patience is wearing thin!"

"THAT'S IT! EVERYBODY OUT, OUT OUT!"




6 comments:
Aah! You have such a great attitude, Cassie! It is fun to get away! Love the pictures of the kids in the car! I hope your dad is ok!
I just love you Cassie! I miss you too! What hilarious captions & fun pictures. you are a great mom, and it sounds like you learned from one of the best.
Love you!
Melody
Cassie, that is too funny! And I'm so glad you got to get away! What a Great Mom you have! How many more weeks 'til Mike gets home? :0) love ya!
LOL! Oh Cass, I love your sense of humor! Sounds like an adventure! I'm so glad you were able to go down and get some much needed R & R. And I'm glad your Dad is ok! Scary. Oh, and yes, Brooklyn is SO advanced for her age! :) Lol. I seriously don't know how you do it! You are SUPER MOM!! I think I should make you a cape. :)
Glad to hear your Dad's ok! Also glad to know your Mom has been able to be there help you! I hope the time is flying by until Mike returns.
Reading it on the blog doesn't quite give it enough umph as living it! LOL It was the ride of a life time!!! So glad the trip home was better for you! xoxo mom
Post a Comment