We may not have it all together...But together we have it all.

THE HILLS' ADVENTURES

Monday, November 10, 2008

ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN

...And this dog will receive a royal welcome.
Today we said a very sad farewell to our dog, Tommy. He was over 11 years old. We found him sick this morning and had to say goodbye.
We inherited him two years ago when we moved into this house. He belonged to Mike's parents, but a country dog had the city move in on him and they gave him to us so he could spend his old age free to roam.
We really grew to love and enjoy him.
He was a very special dog, especially to Grandma Hill. How fitting that she was over last night and brushed him one last time, not knowing what would happen today.





























We will miss you, Tommy!

We are glad you are able to rest.

2 comments:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sad! I didn't even get to see him last time I was in town. But I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore and that he lived out his last couple of years having fun with you guys! And it will probably be easier for you to not have to worry about him while Mike is gone. I'm sure he's up in heaven with Cuddles, Rebel, Roxy,Rush and all the MANY other dogs we have had having a blast! : )

Nelsons said...

My deepest sympathies. A pet becomes one of the family. We are dreading the day when we have to say good-bye to our dog. At least you have all the great memories that don't die!