We may not have it all together...But together we have it all.

THE HILLS' ADVENTURES

Friday, June 6, 2008

KATHERINE CONDIE HILL

It's time to introduce you lastly, but certainly not least, to Katie. Katie is our 3rd child and 1st girl. She was born on June 2, 2004, just celebrated turning 4 years old.












The word that describes her best is loquacious. Very loquacious. Most girls have a lot to say, but this girl has a big vocabulary for someone so small. And she has a very kin memory. She pays a lot of attention to detail and doesn't miss anything. She is always reminding me what I said. "Mom, remember you said that." is a very familiar phrase. I have to be careful what I commit to. She has been talking since she was one year old. I remember because when she started to talk at one year, Dallas started to be understandable at 3 years.








Katie is full of energy and full of laughs. She has a wonderful and BIG imagination. She loves dressing up. Her favorite color has to be pink and purple because that is what she always picks out, but just like a little lady, everything changes with her mood.









Shoes. What girl doesn't love her shoes. You know Katie has two older brothers and her mom is not a big shopper so we only get to the clothing and shoe store when things are really worn out or too small, but this girl was BORN TO SHOP. One weekend the boys were camping and Grandma was in town so the girls went shopping. I had never seen Katie in such aw, she was in the shoe section. She tried on a lot of shoes. "Mom, look at these." "Ah, mom aren't those cute." And on and on. Now when the boys go camping we have a girls shopping trip and get a little something. This trip were those cute shoes. At 28 I now see why girls love to shop. Katie makes it so fun!








Friends.




Katie is friends with everyone she meets. She loves to play and have fun. She is very friendly. And even with the lesson on strangers, she strikes up conversation with just about anyone. Here she is with her friend, Lilian.











Singing in the rain




Katie and her friend Kennade. Playing in the rain, under the rainbow.












"Crazy Katie, Did you get your pilots license yet?!"




An inside joke at our house. We heard the phrase on the movie '8 Below'. We say it to Katie all the time.









Katie is full of laughs. She brings a sort-of excitement to regular life. A trip to the grocery store is so adventurous. She loves being a princess, but she can hold her own with the boys. She cleans up real nice, but she usually has mud or dirt somewhere and her hair doesn't stay done up for long and she gets rid of the spiders for mom.












Sugar and Spice and everything nice, that's what this little girl is made of.


3 comments:

Sally said...

Cassie - was cute kids! What a month or so you've had with the black eye, birthdays and baptism. What a great om you are! I loved the pirate cake also!
See ya

Cassie said...

Ok. So I have to apologize for the swimming picture. Any who viewed the blog before. I changed the picture. I didn't notice Katie's swimsuit was hanging a little too low. I changed the pictures and made the other picture REALLY small. Does anyone know how to delete the picture without having to start the post all over?

grandma C said...

I bet Sydney knows how! Could you also delete the dark circles under my eyes! lol Course I had only slept about 3 hours! and that is a costume Grandma Condie is wearing for the tea party! :)