It was a sad day for a 7 year old boy who loved his pet snake. I thought I would jump for joy the day the snake was no longer a member of our family, but the look on my sons face when he came and told me his snake died was a heart breaker.
Jake, The Snake (named after his owner, of course) was a gift from Jake's Uncle Josh (who found him behind a dishwasher in one of his rentals) became the source of great excitement and adventure at the Hill household.
Note: If you have a sensitive stomach you might not want to read any more of this post. (Marcie)
He had an untimely death when he became too consitpated. We knew someting was wrong when he wouldn't eat the mouse in his house. The mouse lived with him for a month until he passed on. I wish I would have taken a picture of the mouse sitting on top of the snake. The morning he looked really sick Mike became an expert in Snake consitpation, but it was too late. Even after all the warm baths and following the instructions of what to do with a consitpated snake.
On a brighter note, Mike suggested to Jake that he put the snake's body in the field behind our house and we would watch to see if the sparrow hawk that hangs out around our house would come eat it!!! Thus the circle of life continues.



2 comments:
Thanks for the warning Cass! But it isn't as bad as Mike telling me what he was about to do with the aspirator. Yuck! You are a saint to keep those yucky animals in or around your house. : )
Jake, Sorry to read the obituary of "Jake the python snake" but I really liked the class picture. I remember watching the snake eat a mouse. Nearly missed my flight back to Utah to watch it! :)
Post a Comment